New SOA Software Services for API Monetization for Enterprises
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Wednesday, January 29, 2014|
New advanced API licensing and dynamic documentation capabilities have been announced by SOA Software to help businesses further monetize their data, applications, and services.
SOA Software offers API management and SOA governance services including their API Management Solution, which offers advanced licensing capabilities enabling businesses to support different revenue models for their Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). API owners can create multiple custom API products and license terms based on fine-grained entitlements and business needs.
Many companies have not understood the opportunity their APIs offer to create significant new revenue streams from partners and customers. What's historically been lacking, or difficult, has been for non-technical business users to turn an API into a set of products that can be targeted at varied set of partners and customers. SOA Software’s new advances in licensing capabilities provide the opportunity for these businesses to create packages based on specific business goals, channels, and strategies allowing those with little technical expertise to manage the entire process to creating API bundles based on different level of entitlements.
With these new capabilities, it is possible control the visibility to APIs at a granular level, provision access to data different partners and manage rate limiting policies at the license level. SOA Software now gives the API owner a turn-key licensing and documentation solution that is completely integrated with the SOA Software API Management solution.
The service allows API owners to:
- Package APIs as products, extending back-end systems into new realms of use.
- Create different packages for different business needs and channels, with control over pricing, rate limits and service level agreements.
- Allow customers to use licenses to offer one part of their data to one partner, and other parts to other partners.
- Control visibility and access at API and/or scope level.
- Dynamically generate API documentation based on the license. Show or hide documents or document elements depending on license grants.
- Manage rate limiting and QoS policies based on the license.
An updated Dynamic Documentation feature is being introduced in parallel with the new licensing capabilities. With each specific license, one can automatically create dynamic documentation so that business partners see only aspects of the APIs that are licensed to them. This is a time saver that reduces the friction to adoption by controlling the visibility of documents and document elements based on licenses. Dynamic documents can be authored in Swagger, with a tag library for visibility controls.
"APIs are now at a center piece for businesses to exploit new digital and mobile channels to provide opportunities to create new revenue streams," said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of SOA Software. "Our new advanced licensing capabilities maximize the potential of packaging APIs based on different business models. Our goal is to equip business stake holders to take the APIs provided to them by their API team and exploit all possible licensing and business scenarios to maximize monetization opportunities"
For more information visit the link below
Read more: http://www.soa.com
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more