Millennial Media Publishes Mobile Mix Research Report
|Stuart Parkerson in Mobile Tech Thursday, March 5, 2015|
Millennial Media has published the company’s 2014 Year in Review Mobile Mix report, with last year’s hard numbers and year-over-year comparisons pointing to overall mobile trends that are impacting developers, advertisers and consumers alike.
The report provides data-driven insights into the world of mobile and reveals key trends impacting developers, advertisers and consumers. Here are some highlights:
- Wearables and IOT are on the rise: An estimated 35 billion connected devices will be in use by 2019, highlighting the increasing adoption of wearables, smart TVs, etc. by consumers
- Samsung takes the lead: Samsung devices are on the rise, unseating longtime leader Apple as the manufacturer with the largest number of impressions*
- *Impressions defined as the number of times an ad unit appears on a mobile device
- Android grew YoY: The jump in Samsung usage also correlates to an overall increase in Android operating system implementation, as impressions from all Android devices grew six percentage points year-over-year
Key takeaways for developers, advertisers and consumers include:
- Developers/Publishers: enabling high-impact ad units, such as rich media and video, can enhance consumer engagement and drive significant revenue
- Brand Advertisers/Agencies: larger smartphones present brands and agencies with a bigger canvas to compel consumers with rich, interactive content.
- Consumers: buyers have the power to choose the mobile device that best fits their needs without sacrificing mobile experiences.
Download the full report from their website.
Read more: http://www.millennialmedia.com/mobile-intelligence...
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more