Join us for a free mobile app security threats webinar on Tuesday
|Richard Harris in Security Friday, December 7, 2018|
App Developer Magazine hosts a free webinar on mobile app security with expert Samual Bakken from OneSpan to help developers protect their apps from malware attacks, reverse-engineering, and more.
In 2016, a record 3 billion Yahoo accounts were hacked, and Uber reported that hackers stole the information of over 57 million accounts. Then in 2017, 412 million user accounts were taken from Friendfinder’s sites, and 147.9 million consumers were affected by the Equifax Breach. In 2018, Under Armor said that that it's My Fitness Pal app was hacked, affecting 150 million users, and Dunkin' Donuts reported that some users of their "DD Perks" reward app had their names, email addresses, and account numbers compromised.
According to 2017 statistics, there are over 130 large-scale, targeted breaches in the U.S. per year, and that number is growing by 27 percent per year.
Symantec reports there are around 24,000 malicious mobile apps blocked every day.
Educate yourself about app security and vulnerabilities with us
The biggest challenge we face today in mobile development is security, and even if you think you're app can't be affected or isn't vulnerable - you're probably wrong.
Even if you don't store or collect sensitive information, you need to pay very close attention to what's happening in the mobile security threat landscape today and be ready for anything.
We invite you to join App Developer Magazine Publishing Editor Christian Hargrave, along with Samuel Bakken from OneSpan, on December 11, at 2 pm Central as we host a webinar, "New Mobile Threats and How to Stop Them," to address mobile attack tactics and techniques for building a defense against intrusion.
Mobile app security topics covered
- Create a self-defense program to protect apps against malware by employing app shielding and runtime protection.
- How to detect and stop fraud with strong authentication and automated, rigorous defenses against targeted attacks.
- How to stop attackers from reverse-engineering or tampering with your app to prevent repackaging and related attacks.
- How to detect rooted and jailbroken devices that may put your applications and transactions at risk.
- Strategies for stopping overlay attacks, keyloggers, and other malicious technologies from stealing valuable user data.
- Encrypting communications channels to prevent eavesdropping and data exfiltration.
- Protecting encryption keys and application data against prying eyes.
- How to establish the integrity of an app and the device for trusted authentication of the user.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more