Guidelines to Bringing Marmalade SDKbased Apps to Windows 10
|Stuart Parkerson in Windows Mobile Tuesday, June 23, 2015|
Recently Marmalade released a beta version of the Marmalade SDK with Windows 10 support. The platform was developed through a partnership with the Windows 10 Insider Program, with Marmalade working with the Windows 10 and Visual Studio teams to make sure that apps and games built with the Marmalade SDK work well for Windows 10 and with the latest Visual Studio tools.
The Windows 10 team has now created a quick start guide to targeting Marmalade games and apps deployed to Windows 10 PCs or phones. In most cases, an app will not require significant code changes to move to Windows 10.
The SDK is still a limited beta and changes could be required as updates are made to the supported Marmalade SDK extensions list. Current beta release limitations are documented and can be found here. The quick start guide can be found here.
Read more: http://docs.madewithmarmalade.com/display/MD/Windo...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more