Google Cloud Deployment Manager Ready for Production Use
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Thursday, August 13, 2015|
Google has announced that its Cloud Deployment Manager is now generally available and ready for production usage. The Cloud Deployment Manager facilitates the deployment of Google Cloud Platform resources including virtual machines, networks, and storage to power applications..
Deployment Manager allows developers to specify the resources they want instead of the process to create those resources. With Deployment Manager, developers can create static or dynamic templates that describes the desired Google Cloud Platform configuration and then use the Deployment Manager to create Cloud resources as a single deployment.
Deployment Manager features include:
- Define infrastructure deployment in a template and deploy via command line or RESTful API
- Templates support Jinja and Python, providing the ability to take advantage of programming constructs, such as loops, conditionals, and parameterized inputs for deployments requiring logic
- UI support for viewing and deleting deployments in Google Developers Console
- Tight integration with Google Cloud Platform resources from compute to storage to networking, which provides faster provisioning and visualization of the deployment
Read more: https://cloud.google.com/deployment-manager/quicks...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more