GoDaddy is Now Offering Cloud Hosting Services
|Stuart Parkerson in Cloud Services Tuesday, April 26, 2016|
GoDaddy is now offering new open source cloud hosting services including its Cloud Servers solution and Bitnami-powered cloud applications. The new offerings are designed to help individual software developers, tech entrepreneurs and IT professionals quickly build, test and scale cloud solutions.
GoDaddy Cloud Servers solution offers 54-second or less provisioning so that virtual instances can be built, tested, cloned and re-provisioned quickly. The platform is powered by a simple API and easy-to-use user interface, providing developers with complete control over their virtual instances and include concise in-app documentation. Additionally, by featuring snapshots, users are allowed to save their configurations and launch new servers with that image, instead of starting from scratch.
The platform offers a "pay as you go" utility billing model and users only pay for what they use on an hourly basis and up to a monthly limit if they choose. At launch, GoDaddy Cloud Servers are in US Datacenters only.
GoDaddy Cloud Servers are integrated with GoDaddy products such as Domains and DNS, which provides users with the ability to manage and maintain new and existing domains and subdomains. Additionally, Cloud Server customers have access to multiple, public facing APIs.
The new Cloud Servers offering is built on OpenStack and powered by KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) virtualization. With SSDs (solid-state drives) across the board, Cloud Servers offer excellent performance due to fast I/O (Input/Output).
GoDaddy's Cloud Applications are powered by Bitnami, a library for open source server application deployments. This partnership provides one-click optimized installation for application solutions like CMS (WordPress and Drupal), CRM (Odoo and OpenERP) and eCommerce (OpenCart and Magento).
Additional features of the new solutions include:
- Automatically backup data without downtime to keep Cloud Server user data and configuration covered for piece of mind - 99.9% uptime is guaranteed.
- Keep user servers in constant contact with each other with private networking will maintain secure communication and protocols.
- Flexibly assign permanent IPs and multiple IP addresses to a single server with as many available as required.
- Supported distributions include Ubuntu 14.04, CentOS 6 & 7, Fedora 23, Debian 8, FreeBSD, CoreOS and Arch Linux.
Read more: https://www.godaddy.com/pro/cloud-servers
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more