DevCenter 1.4 From DataStax Now Formally Supporting JSON
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Thursday, July 23, 2015|
DataStax specializes in offering Apache Cassandra in a database platform for IoT, web and mobile applications. The company has announced the general availability of DataStax DevCenter 1.4, a visual development tool for Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise which now provides formal support for JSON data management with visual developer capabilities that provides the ability to create, query and navigate JSON data.
DevCenter 1.4 visually enables developers and administrators to work with the new JSON functionality found in the recently released Cassandra 2.2. DevCenter 1.4 supplies intelligent JSON data editors that feature syntax highlighting, code assistance, auto-corrections and smart validations for working with JSON data. DevCenter 1.4 also includes a JSON results viewer that facilitates viewing JSON data with its syntax highlighting and code folding.
Other capabilities of the new release include:
- User-Defined Functions and Aggregations: DevCenter 1.4 visually supports Cassandra’s new user-defined functions (UDF’s) and aggregation capabilities, which enable developers to write custom functions and aggregation operations and call them from the application code. Cassandra UDF’s may be visually constructed in DevCenter 1.4 using code snippets.
- Wizard-driven Object Creation: In addition to existing wizards for managing database objects, DevCenter 1.4 also adds new capabilities to visually create user-defined types and indexes for Cassandra tables.
- Windows Support: Cassandra 2.2 now formally supports Microsoft Windows. DataStax DevCenter runs on Windows (in addition to Mac and Linux) as well, allowing developers to use Windows as a complete platform for either their development or production work.
Read more: http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-ser...
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more