Dell Just Released the State of IT Trends for 2016
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Monday, August 1, 2016|
Dell has released the results of its State of IT Trends 2016 global study conducted to quantify how business decision makers (BDMs) and IT decision makers (ITDMs) are evaluating and considering technology - related to major industry trends - to address business objectives. The survey also sought to understand how business and IT leaders’ perceptions of technology have evolved as new technologies have entered the market and become increasingly critical drivers of an organization’s success.
The Dell-sponsored research was performed by PSB, which conducted 1,200 online interviews between April 15 and May 4, 2016, in the U.S., U.K., Germany, Japan, Brazil, India and China. Of the audience, 700 respondents were ITDMs and 500 were BDMs.
Form a high level perspective, the research showed that BDMs and ITDMs understanding of current IT trends are much closer than they are generally perceived to be. The study also revealed a greater sophistication and alignment in understanding of IT trends between the two groups.
Top findings from the study include;
- ITDMs (62 percent) and BDMs (51 percent) agree that cloud computing is the most important technology trend for their companies.
- Eighty-eight percent of ITDMs and 80 percent of BDMs say their organization is considering adopting a software-defined data center (SDDC), is in the process of transitioning, or has already completed the transition to one.
– By 2:1 margins, both ITDMs and BDMs say they will use more open data center technologies in the future.
– Eighty-six percent of ITDMs and 85 percent of BDMs agree that compute-centric is the best approach to gain a flexible, scalable and open data center.
Read more: http://www.slideshare.net/dellenterprise/state-of-...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more