Cloud Native SDK for Kubernetes has been launched by Pulumi
|Richard Harris in Cloud Services Tuesday, September 18, 2018|
A new Cloud Native SDK has been released for Kubernetes by Pulumi to provide Cloud Native developers additional support to a wider range of developers.
Pulumi Corporation announced the availability of its Cloud Native SDK for Kubernetes enabling a code-based approach to creating, deploying and managing applications across clouds including Microsoft AKS, Amazon EKS, and Google GKE, in addition to on-premises and hybrid environments. Pulumi also announced it has joined the Cloud Native Computing Foundation to accelerate development and delivery of its cloud native programming tools and framework.
The Pulumi SDK provides full access to Kubernetes APIs and enables execution of all Kubernetes operations through ‘configuration as code,’ the use of real programming languages for configuration of cloud native resources. This provides clear productivity benefits by enabling code reuse and abstraction, in addition to easing previously difficult operations such as complex multi-stage cloud application deployments, or combining Kubernetes deployments with other cloud resources such as datastores. Pulumi also supports existing Helm and YAML-based configuration of Kubernetes.
“Kubernetes provides a common container runtime across all public and private clouds, paving the way for a true cloud native development platform. Since launch, customers have asked us to bring the same Pulumi programming experience to Kubernetes apps, and we are happy to announce that Pulumi now builds atop this foundation to radically simplify defining, deploying and managing modern cloud native architectures," said Joe Duffy, CEO, Pulumi. "Our collaboration with the CNCF will further accelerate cloud adoption and migration by making it easier than ever for users and teams to go cloud native.”
Pulumi’s support for Kubernetes includes:
- Cloud Native Infrastructure as Code - enables the use of common programming languages for Kubernetes resource configuration, increasing productivity through abstraction and reuse of code.
- Multi-Cloud Deployments - provision and operate Kubernetes clusters in any cloud, from Minikube to custom clusters to any hosted cluster environment including Microsoft AKS, Google GKE, and Amazon EKS.
- Inner Loop Efficiency for Development - provides detailed information and introspection on application deployments to a cluster, improving the speed and efficiency of development tasks.
- Advanced Deployment Orchestration for DevOps - supports advanced, complex service management functionality. For instance, Pulumi can deploy a canary, then run Prometheus-based health checks, before progressing to a production rollout or rollback if necessary. Pulumi can also perform Envoy configuration updates and synchronize them with other infrastructure updates to accomplish traffic shifting and splitting.
- The Pulumi Cloud Native Delivery Platform - a SaaS product that offers team and organization management capabilities for cloud apps and infrastructure, is open to all at no cost during the public preview. Pulumi also offers commercial support for teams and enterprises adopting the platform in production.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.