Blackberry to Bring 200,000 Amazon Apps to BlackBerry 10.3 OS
|Stuart Parkerson in BlackBerry Friday, June 20, 2014|
BlackBerry has announced a licensing agreement with the Amazon Appstore to bring more than 200,000 Android apps to BlackBerry 10 device users when the BlackBerry 10.3 operating system launches in the fall.
This basically spells the end of any type of future Blackberry specific developer ecosystem as it relates to consumer apps. Blackberry says that it will soon unveil “a new enterprise application partner program designed to deliver more enterprise apps with business-class functionality.”
Its good news for developers with apps in the Amazon Appstore, as there will be a buzz about the new app options for BlackBerry 10 owners.
Read more: http://devblog.blackberry.com/2014/06/amazon-appst...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more