App Developers, Publishers and Marketers Will Have to Evolve with Voice Ads
|Stuart Parkerson in Monetize Thursday, August 22, 2013|
Voice Ads allow mobile users to talk back to ads, creating a new level of interaction between advertisers and consumers. The Nuance Voice Ads SDK provides the backend power needed to created interactive voice ads, the question is, can marketers master the two-way ad conversation?
Its easy to push a video, banner or other ad to the user, controlling all aspects of the message, however creating a truly rich, interactive verbal back and forth beyond a simple “Do you like burgers” and a “yes I do” reply is a little more complicated.
The end game of any ad is to engender a positive response, whether it is to make an immediate purchase (click here and buy), a short term delayed purchase (buy a burger or go see a movie later today), or develop brand awareness for long term loyalty.
There are so many questions to ask, when do the voice ads distract so much from the game, they take a life of there own? How well will it actually work across all platforms?
Do you use full video with the audio?
There is now doubt savvy marketers will figure it out. Our question is, do we really want to talk to mobile users? We might not like what we hear!
Read more: http://www.nuance.com/landing-pages/products/voice...
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more