Apigee Releases New API Management Platform for Digital Commerce
|Stuart Parkerson in API Thursday, August 25, 2016|
Apigee has released the Apigee Commerce APIx platform, a software accelerator designed to help companies that are selling products online facilitate their API-powered digital commerce initiatives. The Commerce APIx offers a set of open-source, ready-to-use digital commerce APIs and a developer portal to help companies build a modern digital commerce program.
Commerce APIx is built on Apigee Edge API management software which provides API security, API analytics, and developer on-boarding capabilities. The platform helps business create APIs that help support e-commerce experiences, connect with users on mobile and social channels, and retain customer loyalty. The new Commerce APIx solution offers the following capabilities:
- A commerce-specific developer portal with API documentation and tools.
- A collection of pre-configured API proxies for commerce APIs that support core retail functions, including categories like Core (authentication, product, collection search and cart), Engagement (promotions, recommendations and personalized product search) and Fulfillment.
- Commerce APIs that can be consumed by mobile apps, web apps and other APIs, built in a RESTful architectural style with data represented in JSON.
Read more: http://apigee.com/about/solutions/commerce-apix
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more