AWS Offers Easier to Way Transfer Data Between iOS apps and Amazon S3
|Richard Harris in iOS Tuesday, August 25, 2015|
AWS has released the new Amazon S3 Transfer Utility for iOS, a new solution that allows an easier way for iOS Developers to transfer data between iOS apps and Amazon S3.
The AWS team notes that the new S3 Transfer Utility for iOS is a move forward from the S3 Transfer Manager for iOS, which was one of the most used components in their SDK. Two of the most requested features for S3 Transfer Manager for iOS were 1) the ability to continue transferring data in the background 2) an API to upload binary data instead of having to first save it as a file.
With Amazon S3 Transfer Utility for iOS, developers can now transfer data in the background, and also upload binary data without first having to save it as a file. This utility is currently available in beta and included in the AWS Mobile SDK for iOS.
For Android developers, the S3 Transfer Utility for the AWS SDK for Android was released in July to provide an easier way to transfer data between Android apps and Amazon S3.
Read more: https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2015/08...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more