ATTO Technology Announces New SAN Upgrade Kits
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Saturday, May 28, 2016|
ATTO Technology has announced the availability of a range of Fibre Channel SAN Kits providing the components needed to update existing direct-attached storage to a high-performance, low-latency storage area network providing the opportunity to centrally locate storage and improve overall performance by adding a storage area network (SAN) solution.
The ATTO Fibre Channel SAN Kits provide the ability to convert direct-attached SAS RAID, JBOD or JBOF storage to SAN technology for environments experiencing slow host-to-host data transfers. It also provides a fast method to perform live migrations in virtual environments such as VMware vSphere, along with redundancy for rapid virtual machine restarts in the event of a host or storage failure.
Three ATTO Fibre Channel SAN Kit options are available:
- Entry-Level: For updating a small number of direct-attached storage products to shared storage. Kit includes (1) 7500 Storage Controller and (2) ATTO Celerity16Gb/s Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters. Provides up to 3.2GB/s throughput and 735,000 4K IOPS from existing storage while enabling sharing between server hosts.
- Mid-Tier: Allows SysAdmins to connect a small storage infrastructure to dual ATTO Storage Controllers. Kits include (2) 7500 Storage Controllers, (2) Celerity 16Gb/s Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters and (1) FibreConnect 16Gb/s Fibre Channel Switch. Provides high performance throughput up to 6.4GB/s and 1.47M 4K IOPS.
- High Availability: Provides the opportunity to create a larger infrastructure with up to 8 attached host servers and no single point of failure. Kits include (2) 7500 Storage Controllers, (2) FibreConnect 16Gb/s Fibre Channel Switches and (8) Celerity 16Gb/s Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters. Provides high performance throughput up to 6.4GB/s and 1.47M 4K IOPS.
Read more: https://www.attotech.com/landing/SAN-Upgrade-Kit
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more