Weekly Roundup: Marmalade and Tizen, BlackBerry Developers, New School Monetization, Hyro, 2014 GDC, VLC, Rust, Opera Mobile, and iOS7 Sickness
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Saturday, September 28, 2013|
Top Stories for the week of 9/28/2013
|iOS 7 You are Making Me Sick. Really?|
In a recent article I came across, there are reports coming in that iOS 7 with it's warping, parallax, and other on UI screen visual effects, are making some people nauseous enough to actually throw up! Symptoms like vertigo, nausea, headaches, dizziness and more are all being reported.Initially my gut reaction to this was, "you've got to be kidding me!" So I dug in for some more research to get to the bottom of the claim, because I can count on one hand the UI effects in the new OS that could even skate on the side of visually making someone sick.A trip to the Apple forum validated most of the reports and here are some of the comments being made."The zoom animations everywhere on the new iOS 7 are literally making me nause... full story
- App Developers Observe iOS Users in the Wild With Lookback
- Feedly Opens API to App Developers
- iOS 7 You are Making Me Sick. Really?
- Rust 0.8 Released
- Opera Mobile Store woos for App Developers
- VLC Rincewind: New Major Release (2.1.0) Is Out!
- List of Completely Free Programming Books
- monoOne : A New Way of Looking at Your App Code
- 2014 Game Developers Conference Open Call For Papers For Summit Submissions
- Chirp GPS Tracking and Telematics App Gets Updated
- Amazon App Developers Can Fire Up Android and Web Apps With Kindle Fire HDX Powered By OS 3.0 "Mojito"
- Appurify Launches Public Beta of Mobile Test Automation Platform
- Hyro : A Real-Time Desktop HTML5 Editor, View Your HTML While You Code It
- Clarizen Introduces Integration with JIRA to Deliver an End-to-End Solution for Engineering and Agile Development
- Old School Vs New School App Monetization
- Breaking News for BlackBerry App Developers
- Microsoft Changes App Developer App Age Rating Process
- What is Ahead for BlackBerry App Developers?
- Marmalade Dives Into Tizen: Gives Developers First Taste Of Tizen App Development
This Weeks App Showcase
By Reactive Studios, Inc.Codename Cygnus by Reactive Studios, Inc. is an interactive radio drama where you play the main character (a spy) and the choices you make impact the outcome of your missions. The drama is all audio based and currently available on Apple devices.
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.