Tech Superwomen Summit 2018 announces their lineup
|Richard Harris in Events Tuesday, February 27, 2018|
The second annual Tech Superwomen Summit 2018 has announced their speaker lineup.
After a two-year public service tour at the United States Digital Service, Tech By Superwomen Founder Cathryn Posey’s vision for the second Tech Superwomen Summit is to spark a broader dialogue about the intersections of technology and culture, how they inform each other and the role we all play in creating a more dynamic and inclusive space for everyone to thrive. With tech luminaries like Megan Smith, CEO of shift7, 3rd Chief Technology Officer of the United States, rising stars like Erin Teague, Director of Product Management at YouTube VR, to emerging voices like Billie Wei, former co-President for Harvard Women in Computer Science, the line-up reflects the diversity and vibrancy of the tech community.
“The tech industry prides itself of being on the leading edge of innovation. Our industry should share a similar commitment of creating the lead for culture - a proven driver of innovation, particularly in the realm of public service and in its responsibility to corporate citizenship,” said Cathryn Posey, TSWS founder. “In addition to our continued emphasis on what works and matters for women in tech, a key theme this year is to explore awareness and responsibilities associated with the impact that technology has on people’s connections to one another. Oftentimes, the tech industry has the unwavering opportunity to create new horizons, but we need to answer the call of accountability and ensure we are doing these things the right way. Women have been leading in this effort and we look forward to amplifying their voices in this space.”
First Round of Sponsors and Speakers Announced
TSWS18 will offer attendees another stellar program line-up - comprised of several leaders in tech, business leadership and politics. There will be a number of provocative keynotes, fireside chats and one-on-one interviews with some of the most influential technology leaders in their respective fields.
Conference organizers are excited to announce its latest partners of the event, including Intuit as a Platinum Sponsor, Capital One and Mozilla as Gold Sponsors, and Facebook as a Silver Sponsor.
Intuit’s Merline Saintil is one of the many speakers that conference organizers are excited to have join TSWS18.
“It is my privilege to speak at Tech Superwomen Summit, an event that is committed to supporting and advancing diversity in technology,” said Merline Saintil, head of operations for the technology organization at Intuit. “Supporting women in tech is a personal passion, and I look forward to being a part of a great conversation to further support a more diverse tech community.”
Tech Superwomen Summit 2018 Speakers include:
- Megan Smith: CEO of shift7; 3rd Chief Technology Officer of the United States
- Kamilah Taylor: Author, Engineer in Residence at Hustle
- Erin Teague: Director of Product Management at YouTube VR
- Nicole Sanchez: CEO and Founder of Vaya
- Billie Wei: Program Manager at Microsoft and former co-President for Harvard Women in Computer Science
- Brianna Fugate: Spelman College Computer Science Major and Former Intern to US Chief Technology Officer, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Harper Reed: Founder and Entrepreneur
- Jez Humble: Author, Speaker and CTO at DevOps Research Assessment
- Zoe Olson: Analyst at Accenture and Former President and Founder of Women in Computer Science for University of Oregon
- Vivian Graubard: Director of Strategy for Public Interest Technology, New America
- Raquel Romano: Engineering Lead at the VA Digital Service
- Tiffany Ashley Bell: Founder and Executive Director at The Human Utility
- Dr. Yvonne Cagle: NASA Astronaut (special guest)
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.