Solving persistent storage problems for cloud native
|Christian Hargrave in Cloud Services Wednesday, October 25, 2017|
Kubernetes cloud native environments and applications now can use Virtuozzo Storage for Kubernetes for persistent storage.
Both solutions will be featured demos in Booth S17 at this week’s DockerCon EU ’17 event, taking place in Copenhagen, where Virtuozzo is participating as a Silver Sponsor.
- Storage Provisioner: Provides dynamic volume provisioning based on pre-configured storage classes that contain all the requirements for a particular volume.
- Snapshot Controller: Implements the K8s 1.7 aggregation API and provides snapshotting functionality for K8s volumes.
- Storage FlexVolume Driver: Provides mount volumes on K8s nodes.
Features of Virtuozzo Storage for Kubernetes
- Deep integration with the K8s Storage Management Model: Enables cluster connections through native K8s secrets and snapshots management via a native API aggregation.
- Simple Configuration: Assign Storage Classes in 2 clicks with configuration options for Volumes available for storage classes.
- Snapshot Support: Provides added data protection with easy scheduling and policy management.
- Fault-Tolerant by Design: Flexible redundancy schemas for storage, as well as a highly available control plane ensure that infrastructure is still manageable after a node failure.
- Easy Cluster Deployment and Scaling: Easily deploy and manage clusters using a set of simple actions.
“As application containers surge toward mainstream adoption, storage in production environments has proved challenging for users of the major containerization platforms, especially across dynamic multi-server deployments,” said George Karidis, chief executive officer at Virtuozzo. “With our latest Virtuozzo Storage for Kubernetes solution, we’re delivering a tightly integrated, production-ready solution for K8s that makes it very easy for any enterprise, small business or service provider to put containerized apps into production.”
Clouds are distributed technology platforms that leverage sophisticated technology innovations to provide highly scalable and resilient environments that can be remotely utilized by organizations in a multitude of powerful ways. To successfully build upon, integrate with, or even create a cloud environment requires an understanding of its common inner mechanics, architectural layers, and models, as well as an understanding of the business and economic factors that result from the adoption and real-world use of cloud-based services.
The ultimate hands-on Linux user guide.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.