New Giant Gecko MCU microcontrollers aim to help complex IoT apps
|Richard Harris in IoT Tuesday, July 25, 2017|
EFM32 Gecko microcontrollers to deliver better performance, more features and lower power.
Internet of Things (IoT) applications are growing increasingly complex, driving the need for multiple sensors, sophisticated end-user displays, advanced algorithms and wireless stacks. As power budgets shrink, MCUs must excel at sleep mode to maximize battery life.
- ARM Cortex-M4 processor core supporting performance-intensive applications
- Largest internal memory footprint in its MCU class (up to 2 MB flash and 512 KB RAM) to accommodate more code, debugging capabilities, over the air (OTA) updates, data logging and rich graphics
- SD/MMC and Octal/Quad-SPI memory interfaces to support additional memory expansion capabilities for memory-intensive applications
- Fast wake-up/sleep transitions and a low-energy fabric allowing autonomous access to sensor inputs and enabling low-power peripherals to operate autonomously
- Ultra-low power consumption: 77 μA/MHz in active mode and 1.6 μA in deep sleep mode
- 10/100 Ethernet media access control (MAC) for IP-based industrial control
- Secure digital input output (SDIO) Wi-Fi interface for IP-based wireless cloud connectivity
- Single or dual CAN bus controllers for industrial applications
- Crystal-free USB controller for cost-effective, ultra-low-energy universal connectivity
- Thin film transistor (TFT) display hardware acceleration with per-pixel alpha blending and ultra-low-energy segment LCD driver, enabling richer user interfaces
- Current-based capacitive sense engine providing robust touch input and ultra-low power wake-on-touch, simplifying the development of cap-sense applications
Read more: https://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/32-bit/efm32-g...
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.