App Verify SDK gets update for new iOS capabilities
|Richard Harris in SDK Wednesday, June 21, 2017|
End-to-end communications platform as a service, TeleSign, announces new offerings for it's App Verify SDK for iOS.
Last year, total worldwide mobile app downloads exceeded 90 billion, an increase of more than 13 billion across the iOS App Store and Google Play. As apps increasingly play a vital role in maintaining a healthy and growing business, removing friction and reducing abandonment during the user registration and transaction process is key. Additionally, ensuring the validity of new users is extremely important in preventing fraud and securing accounts from compromise. With the App Verify SDK, businesses can securely embed a better phone number verification process within new or existing mobile apps and deploy frictionless authentication experiences, complete with branding, for an optimal user experience.
“Effortless onboarding of new users is critical to our customers - many of whom count their users in the hundreds of millions,” said Tom Powledge, Chief Product Officer, TeleSign. “With TeleSign App Verify, we’re at the forefront of offering simple, secure verification that enables businesses across the globe to verify and protect their users on the two largest operating systems in the world.”
According to TeleSign’s Fraud Report, 64% of companies report prioritizing smooth and easy user registration over security needs. With TeleSign App Verify, businesses no longer need to choose between providing an easy registration process for new users or protecting their ecosystem from fake users. Users simply enter their phone number, click a button, and are verified at once, removing the friction, reducing user abandonment and assisting with higher growth in conversions. App Verify for the Android platform, available since 2015 (previously known as Auto Verify), utilizes a proprietary carrier-signaling method where the user verification is automatically performed in the background (app to phone), reducing manual steps for higher conversions and results in lower cost user verifications.
- Interactive SMS Applink Verification: send clickable SMS applinks that when opened, automatically deliver one-time passcodes (OTPs) to the mobile app to complete the verification process, with minimal user interaction.
- Integrated Security: Helps keep hackers from reverse engineering the SDK to extract API credentials and reduces the possibility of bulk account creation.
- Custom Branding: Easily embed the user verification process within your new or existing mobile app, while maintaining full control over the branding and user experience.
- Customizable SMS Templates: Customize applink URI scheme for easy deep linking and app discoverability and set up language templates to localize the user experience.
- Lightweight Mobile App SDK: Utilize a Swift framework integrated into your iOS-based app project libraries along with sample code for seamless integration.
- Detailed Usage Reporting: View and monitor all your verification and authentication events and gain access to comprehensive usage reports.
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.