AppDynamics Developer Toolkit release for Spring is here
|Christian Hargrave in Enterprise Thursday, April 6, 2017|
Drive application and business performance at the scale and complexity of digital business with Enterprise iQ and Business iQ updates.
In our digital-first world, where quality and performance are prerequisites for brand loyalty, delivering flawless application experiences is a key factor for business success. However, many businesses - slowed by organizational misalignment and specialist tools that isolate individuals and groups - struggle to meet increasingly high customer expectations. This puts an enormous strain on application teams to deliver new applications, features, and fixes faster and more reliably.
“Today, the application is the business, creating immense pressure on organizations to deliver new experiences that ‘wow’ customers,” said Bhaskar Sunkara, chief technical officer and head of product at AppDynamics. “And digital leaders continually raise the bar for what consumers expect from application experiences. With our new Developer Toolkit, companies can give their application teams the context of how their code impacts the business and deliver innovation like a digital leader.”
With the new Developer Toolkit, the AppDynamics Spring ‘17 release provides application teams application development lifecycle transparency. With this visibility, every team member can see the impact their work has on the business in real time, and deliver better applications that create value for the organization. Here's overview on the improvements:
Support for new languages and development tools enable application developers to transform ideas into better apps faster.
- Go Support: Go’s (or Golang’s) popularity continues to rise because it’s power and ease for its users to understand and maintain.
- Xamarin Support: Comprehensive support for Xamarin allows mobile application developers to embed AppDynamics in native iOS and Android mobile applications and monitor and drive application performance from a single code base.
- Android Studio Plugin: Developers can now automate the instrumentation process for Android applications.
Integration and Test.
New extensions to BTs empower app teams to focus on the user journeys and code that move the needle the most, improving customer outcomes and speeding release velocity.
- Developer Mode Business Transactions: With new Developer Mode BTs, application teams now have deep-code diagnostics for specific Business Transactions in both pre-production and production environments enabling them to quickly address bottlenecks and remediate any issues found in testing.
- Live Mode Business Transactions: Live Mode BTs delivers faster and more accurate configuration by detecting and defining rules according to live application data to identify critical Business Transactions.
With new crash analysis tools, applications teams will spend less time on unplanned work and troubleshooting, and more time building new features that can impact the business.
- Smart Crash Alerts: When instrumenting new mobile applications, Smart Crash Alerts are set up by default to save time and effort post-instrumentation. Spend less time configuring alerts.
- Unique Crashes in Business iQ: New crash reports in Business iQ correlate app crashes to business metrics like conversion rates, revenue or anything else the business tracks. Now app teams have new visibility into crashes so they can prioritize fixing the issues that matter the most to the business.
Continuous Improvement with Business iQ.
The best apps are continuously refined and tuned to improve the user experience. The AppDynamics Developer Toolkit provides intel into customer journeys so app teams know which updates will matter the most to customers and the business.
- Real User Insights: New session summary dashboards track individual customer sessions while capturing scrolls, taps and other gestures so developers and businesses gain insight into how customers experience applications.
- Mobile Scorecard: Major updates to the mobile scorecard show the metrics that matter, at a glance. The new mobile scorecard makes it easy to see crash rate, number of crashes, network request performance, and error rates for every mobile application at a glance.
Enterprise iQ and Business iQ Enhancements
The Spring ‘17 release also features updates to Enterprise iQ that provide new capabilities and scale for modern enterprises including:
- License Management: Provides the flexibility for DevOps environments by assigning licenses based on business unit.
- Universal Agent: Deploying, upgrading, and maintaining agents is now significantly easier. A single package can now be deployed to any machine that requires monitoring, and the universal agent will coordinate with the AppDynamics controller to automatically deploy and configure it so teams spend less time configuring and more time innovating. Universal agent supports the Java and Machine agent types, with other agents expected to be supported in future releases.
- More Powerful Business iQ Metrics: By leveraging the power of the AppDynamics Query Language (ADQL) in Business iQ, application teams can build powerful dashboards and establish health rules faster.
Love Is Like Pi Never Ending T-Shirt Math Pi day Gift Shirt. Perfect Shirt to celebrate Pi Day 2019. Great gift whether you just love Math or you are a Math Student, Teacher or similar.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.