Vinous CEO and Founder Antonio Galloni has acquired the wine apps Delectable and Banquet. Known as the "Instagram of wine," the app has been downloaded over a million times and has over 120,000 monthly loyal, unique users.
"From the beginning, our goal at Vinous has been to create a digital ecosystem that brings together best-in-class wine reviews, articles, videos, maps and other wine-related content available nowhere else, and to then deliver that platform with scale," said Galloni. "Delectable gives Vinous unprecedented reach globally, while Banquet is an essential mobile tool for helping consumers find and purchase wines. As always, we remain focused on our mission to deliver a full range of in-depth content from the world's top wine writers along with leading-edge technology to the wine consumer."
With over 210,000 professional wine reviews by experienced wine writers, more than 1,000 articles, videos, maps and countless wine resources, Vinous' best-in-class platform is the perfect hub for this revolutionary acquisition. Vinous dramatically extends its reach as a diversified media-tech platform where consumers can seamlessly access information, share their experiences and purchase wine.
Delectable's key features:
- Label recognition software
- A social community where users share opinions and follow friends and industry professionals
- Reviews and tasting notes for wines, beers and spirits
- Browse curated lists to find your next favorite wine
- Keep a digital journal of your favorite wines
- Sister App Banquet makes it easy to locate and purchase wines