New IT Salary Research Shows Most DevOps Practitioners Earn $100K or More
|Stuart Parkerson in DevOps Tuesday, September 6, 2016|
Puppet recently released its 2016 DevOps Salary Report which indicates that most DevOps practitioners in the United States earn $100,000 or more in annual salary. The annual report also found that 43 percent of IT managers earn $150,000 or more, up from 26 percent last year. The salary report is based on data gathered from more than 4,600 respondents to the survey.
In this year’s survey respondents were also asked to report on the number of servers and employees in their organization. Data revealed that organizations with more than 10,000 servers pay the highest percentage of IT salaries that are $150,000 annually or more. These findings show that companies investing the most in servers and infrastructure are also investing the most in the employees who are managing them.
Other findings from the report include:
- IT manager jobs in the U.S. earn more than peers around the world. The most common manager salary is $150,000+ in the U.S., $75,000-$99,999 in Western Europe, and $35,000-$49,999 in Asia. The most common DevOps practitioner salary is $100,000-$125,000 in the U.S., $50,000-$75,000 in Western Europe, and less than $25,000 in Asia.
- IT practitioners based in the U.S. are more likely to earn $100,000+ if they work in the technology (65 percent), media/entertainment (65 percent), retail/consumer/e-commerce (65 percent) or finance (61 percent) industries.
- Organizations with mature DevOps practices typically pay more. U.S. organizations with the most mature DevOps practices are more likely to compensate IT operations employees $100,000 or more per year.
Read more: https://puppet.com/resources/white-paper/2016-devo...
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more