Red Hat has announced the general availability of Red Hat Satellite 6.2, a systems lifecycle management tool across physical, virtual, and private and public cloud environments. Red Hat Satellite 6.2 now enables users to run Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host as a compute resource, as well as directly deploy containers to the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host. The latest release of Red Hat Satellite also introduces remote execution and extends capabilities for container management and security.
Red Hat Satellite provides the ability to provision on bare metal, virtualized infrastructure, and public or private clouds from one centralized console and with one simple process. Users can employ a systematic process to apply content, including patches, to deployed systems in all stages, from development to production.
Red Hat Satellite 6.2 offers several new features, including:
- Container host provisioning, supporting and managing Red Hat’s lightweight container operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host. Red Hat Satellite supports enterprises which are migrating to a lightweight container architecture, enabling them to run Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Hosts as a compute resource and directly deploy containers to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host. In addition, Red Hat Satellite now supports the Open Container Initiative format and registries.
- Remote execution, enabling users to take multiple actions against a group of systems while automating workflows. With these new capabilities, users can reboot a system after a patch install, or conduct rolling upgrades across hundreds of systems with the same ease and consistency as updating a single system. New scheduling features and dashboards enhance interaction with systems under Red Hat Satellite management, bringing increased efficiency to its provisioning and discovery processes.
- Support for disconnected environments. Red Hat Satellite 6.2 provides the ability to synchronize and export content from one Red Hat Satellite server to another, a new feature designed for workloads that may require systems management solutions to run disconnected from the Internet for security purposes.
- Expanded capsule management. The Red Hat Satellite Capsule Server, which provides federated services helpful for scaling, can now provide insight into the health of the capsule, including service run statues from the centralized Red Hat Satellite console. This enables administrators to create various capsules in different geographic locations where datacenters may be located.
- More flexible provisioning via new discovery enhancements in Red Hat Satellite, helping to simplify the process of building systems and enable end users to more efficiently provision systems in secured environments where DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) and PXE (Preboot Execution Environment) may not be available.
- Enhanced migration services via the ability to import existing hosts running on any version of Red Hat Satellite 5 or 6 thanks to new feature scripts and automation capabilities. This bootstrap script automates the process of registering systems to Satellite, reducing the steps needed to add existing systems to Red Hat Satellite.Read more: https://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/management/...
Learn the basics of blockchain technology. No mathematical formulas, program code, or computer science jargon are used. No previous knowledge in computer science, mathematics, programming, or cryptography is required. Terminology is explained through pictures, analogies, and metaphors.
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.