Akana Adds New UX to the Latest Version of its API Management Solution
Tuesday, August 02, 2016
Akana has released the latest version of its API Management solution. Akana is a provider of API Management, API security, and Microservices solutions for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment.
With the introduction of Version 8, Akana’s API Management offers new functions including offering users a new intuitive user experience. The new version of the Akana Platform includes the following:
- A single new UI/UX covering all major capabilities: provides a simplified and automated user experience, saving time and effort to help user receive sophisticated production API more quickly.
- Global deployment: Allows customers to provide a global presence for the APIs and Developer Portals, while complying with regional and country specific data privacy regulations and requirements.
- New graphical API designer capabilities: Provides the ability to design and build API definitions with an easy to understand visualization tool.
- Multi DL import/generation/export: Allow users to import APIs using any API descriptor language, and more importantly, to export any API descriptor regardless of how they defined the API. This allows API and app developers to select the descriptor language they are most comfortable with.
- Fully integrated process orchestration: Provides edit processes enabling development and integration with back end processes. Processes now include support for split/join and parallel processing which provides exceptional performance, especially when building APIs from a set of microservices and integrating with multiple back end systems.
- Self-service tenant provisioning and monitoring: Helps better understand usage and billing options by a single group or as a shared service
- Enhanced API Documentation publication: Built-in test client with an improved UX for developers to test their APIs and offers the ability to quickly edit documentation in the Akana designer helping API admins quickly publish documentation and ensure consistency between documentation and the API interface.