Nearly a Quarter-Million of US Application Developer Jobs Are Unfilled
Thursday, June 30, 2016
Esri and The App Association have used the Esri ArcGIS platform to spotlight the current state of developer hiring in the US. According to the interactive report, nearly a quarter-million job software developer jobs in the United States remain unfilled.
The interactive maps show where software developer jobs are, how much they pay, and where to find openings. It also reveals which locations teach computer science and where education needs are the greatest. Users can zoom in and out to see data by region, state, city or congressional district.
Highlights from the report include:
- 89% of developers in the US work outside of Silicon Valley
- As of June 2016 there were 223,054 developer jobs open in the US
- The average developer salary was $104,425
- Salaries paid to software developers bring more than $114 billion to the economy
- Only one in eight U.S. high schools offer AP Computer Science
Read more: http://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?a...
Adobe announces updates to Adobe XD Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Netmarble Corp releases Lineage 2: Revolution updates Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Changes to the way notifications work in iOS 12 you need to know Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Watch your step at Fog World Congress 2018 Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Cloud Native SDK for Kubernetes has been launched by Pulumi Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you