Software AG New webMethods DevOps Edition
Monday, May 30, 2016
Software AG has released a new webMethods DevOps Edition for continuous development, testing, integration and deployment. The platform offers an enterprise service bus (ESB) to help developers write and launch apps in shorter lead times, with a faster mean-time to recovery, while working more closely together.
With the webMethods DevOps platform developers can develop and test their apps and new features without being connected to a network or a server. Additionally, they can access and use Eclipse/Designer on their local systems with all related plug-ins continuously available.
Remote testing is also made possible through a ‘simulation’ feature that mimics the functionality of services typically reliant on externally networked resources, without actually being plugged to a network. When a test case encounters a service being simulated, it executes the service to test against it.
The platform offers the following benefits:
- Connect application silos: Custom, packaged and mainframe applications and databases can all interoperate and exchange information using the webMethods Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Reduce maintenance costs: Reduce time and cost to integrate new applications by eliminating complex point-to-point connections.
- Improve time to market for applications: Re-use existing assets and build new applications faster without jeopardizing quality.
- Leverage Big Data: Maintain authoritative database in-memory that combines data from multiple sources while ensuring its accuracy.
- Enable enterprise mobile apps: Provision back-end data and capabilities to power enterprise mobile apps.
- Improve partner relations: On-board partners faster and reduce errors.
- Ensure superior enterprise data quality: Ensure single version of master/reference data consumed by enterprise applications.
The platform includes the following capabilities all of which access a common IDE, installer, run-time, and admin and monitoring tools:
- Service enablement of mainframe, packaged and custom applications, and databases.
- Service orchestration with built-in mapping and transformation functions.
- Integration and governance of SaaS and other cloud-based applications.
- Asynchronous high-speed messaging to Web, mobile and enterprise clients.
- End-to-end life-cycle management, from design to deployment, of all integration artifacts including services, related documents and policies.
- Partner management and electronic exchange of documents in various formats.
- Master data management of product or customer, reference and hierarchical data.
- Managed file transfer within and across enterprises.
Read more: http://www.softwareag.com/corporate/products/webme...
Star Trek Timelines developer Disruptor Beam teams with Tilting Point Monday, September 24, 2018
Digital therapy app proven to reduce chronic back pain by 40 percent Monday, September 24, 2018
Making apps by collaborating and sharing the profits Monday, September 24, 2018
Xpress solution aims to help you create IoT apps faster Friday, September 21, 2018
30,000 blacklisted apps hosted on the Google Play Store report finds Friday, September 21, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you