Embarcadero Technologies Releases Updates to Cross Platform Coding Platforms
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Embarcadero Technologies has released the 10.1 versions of RAD Studio, C++Builder and Delphi. The updated products, referred to as “10.1 Berlin,” offer new capabilities including Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity improvements and new, multi-device preview options.
In March, Embarcadero announced its strategy to focus product and engineering resources exclusively on the developer tools market. The 10.1 Berlin release is the first release since this focus.
10.1 Berlin expands developers’ ability to use a single codebase to develop applications for any device, while FireUI enhancements allow multiple device previews in real time. This version provides core technology enhancements such as the GetIt Package Manager which makes it easier to create components and extensions for Embarcadero’s partner ecosystem.
New features and benefits include:
- New FireUI Capabilities: FireUI multi-device preview allows developers to visually build mobile and desktop applications and customize them at design time for different form factors and operating systems. FireUI app preview lets developers see their FireMonkey application on iOS, Android, OSX and Windows targets as they are designing it, with changes made in the FMX designer shown in real time.
- Broad IoT Connectivity: Core technology enhancements to Embarcadero ThingWare, ThingConnect and ThingPoints allows developers to add IoT connectivity to their apps, including more Bluetooth, BLE, Wi-Fi and Android wear support and features. GetIt libraries provide access to turn off-the-shelf and custom IoT smart devices, sensors and wearables into API components.
- New Installer: Makes installation and trial a more seamless experience, reducing start-up time from hours to minutes. Users can install as much or as little as they want, with additional features that can be added later or whenever needed.
- Native Platform Enhancements: Improvements in native toolchain and platform components include compiler, libraries, FireMonkey, VCL, Windows 10 and mobile. Compilers comprise seven Object Pascal and seven C++ compilers, including CLANG 3.3 and complete C++ 11 language support.
- Enterprise Functionality: Optimized enterprise database access and enterprise service architecture accelerate the development and deployment of cross-platform applications across multiple desktop, mobile, cloud and database platforms.
Applitools raises $31M to advance visual AI Tuesday, April 24, 2018
How Blockchain is making an impact in healthcare Monday, April 23, 2018
Coinsource attempts to stop Bitcoin fraud Monday, April 23, 2018
You can now rent sports gear with Rental Pal Monday, April 23, 2018
Facebook starts testing for playable ads Monday, April 23, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you