Posted 3/28/2016 11:05:57 AM by STUART PARKERSON, Publisher Emeritus
Oracle has launched the Oracle Cloud at Customer, which allows companies to access Oracle’s cloud services in their datacenter and offers a stack that is 100 percent compatible with the Oracle Cloud but available on-premises.
Companies can use the platform for disaster recovery, elastic bursting, dev/test, lift-and-shift workload migration, and a single API and scripting toolkit for DevOps. By extending the Oracle Cloud into their data center, companies can:
- Have full control over their data and meet all data sovereignty and data residency requirements that mandate customer data remain within a company’s data center or contained within a geographic location while still taking advantage of the benefits of the cloud.
- Enable workload portability between on-premises and cloud using identical environments, toolsets, and APIs.
- Move Oracle and non-Oracle workloads between on-premises and the cloud based on their changing business requirements.
- Comply with security and privacy regulations such as PCI-DSS for the global credit and debit card industry, HIPAA for the US healthcare industry, FedRAMP for the US federal government, Germany’s Federal Data Protection Act, the United Kingdom's Data Protection Act, and other industry- and country-specific regulations.
The Oracle Cloud at Customer provides the following services:
- Infrastructure: Provides elastic compute, elastic block storage, virtual networking, file storage, messaging, and identity management to enable portability of Oracle and non-Oracle workloads into the cloud. Additional IaaS services including Containers and Elastic Load Balancer will be available soon.
- Data Management: Enables customers to use the number one database to manage data infrastructure in the cloud with the Oracle Database Cloud. The initial set of Database Cloud Service offerings will be followed by Oracle Database Exadata Cloud for extreme performance and a broad set of Big Data Cloud services, including Big Data Discovery, Big Data Preparation, Hadoop, and Big Data SQL.
- Application Development: Develop and deploy Java applications in the cloud using Oracle Java Cloud, soon to be followed by other services for polyglot development in Java SE, Node.Js, Ruby, and PHP.
- Enterprise Integration: Simplify integration of on-premises applications to cloud applications and cloud application to cloud application integration using the Oracle Integration Cloud Service. Additional capabilities for SOA, API Management, and IoT will be added soon.
- Management: Unifies the experience of managing workloads seamlessly on-premises and in the Oracle Cloud.
Read More https://cloud.oracle.com/home...