Posted 3/8/2016 12:05:49 PM by RICHARD HARRIS, Executive Editor
Once they have jumped on the hybrid cloud bandwagon, companies are reporting significant returns for their efforts according to a recent survey by the IBM Center for Applied Insights. The survey received input from 500 hybrid cloud implementers from 13 countries and 23 industries, two-thirds of which said that implementing hybrid cloud environments are providing a competitive advantage.
The IBM “Growing up Hybrid: Accelerating Digital Transformation” research also identified a leading group of organizations - 26 percent of the respondents – who were using hybrid clouds to jumpstart “next-generation” initiatives.
Responses from these “Leaders” included:
Leaders bring both IT and business leaders to the table
- 8 in 10 leaders believe hybrid cloud helps reduce the amount of shadow IT within the organization
- 85 percent of leaders believe hybrid drives more collaboration between IT and Line of Business
Leaders are better at managing security and the complexity
- 85 percent of leaders believe open technologies are essential for hybrid portability and interoperability
- Leaders are over 5 times more likely to be using prescriptive or predictive real-time analytics to manage hybrid environments
- Over three-quarters of leaders use advanced automation to manage their hybrid environments
Leaders are better at improving security & protecting data
- 8 in 10 leaders are improving security and reducing risk with hybrid
- 8 in 10 leaders believe hybrid helps ensure availability and access to critical data
- 62 percent of leaders believe hybrid helps them meet compliance requirements
Read More http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/us/en/centerforap...