Posted 2/17/2016 12:05:30 PM by STUART PARKERSON, Publisher Emeritus
Pivotal and Cisco have joined forces to provide Pivotal Cloud Foundry in conjunction with Cisco's Metapod, offering a new option for enterprise cloud application development. Together the integration of Cisco Metapod and Pivotal Cloud Foundry offers a managed private cloud solution with a cloud native developer experience.
Cisco Metapod is an OpenStack-based, on-premises solution that is engineered, deployed, and remotely operated and Pivotal Cloud Foundry offers an application container runtime with fully automated service deployment.
The move is part of the Cisco Solution Partner Program (part of the Cisco Partner Ecosystem) which brings together Cisco and third-party independent hardware, software and technology vendors to deliver integrated solutions. Through the agreement, Pivotal has is Cisco compatibility certification offering 24-hour, 7-days-a-week customer support.
The Pivotal Cloud Foundry provides:
- Elastic container runtime
- Attachable backing services
- Structured deployment process
- Polyglot language support
- Four layers of high availability
- Integrated logging and monitoring
- Zero downtime application updates
- Platform security and visibility
Cisco Metapod offers the following features:
- Architected for stability, scalability and simplicity
- Instant, self-service resource provisioning
- Enforcement of security policies and authentication
- High availability and monitoring
- Control users, groups, projects, quotas and VM images
- Historical and real time operational reporting
- Delivered as a fully-managed service
- SLA guarantees
Read More http://pivotal.io/cisco...