Sickweather Opens API to Developers Creating Health Care Apps
Tuesday, February 02, 2016
Sickweather has created a socially sourced real-time map of illness and has recently opened their cognitive API for disease surveillance to outside developers who are creating health care apps.
Sickweather’s API offers an emerging artificial intelligence called Nightingale which is Sickweather’s data science engine for classifying public reports of illness from social media. This engine leverages Sickweather’s disease surveillance technology and offers the largest illness crowdsourcing community of its kind, processing over 6 million reports of illness each month.
Endpoints return JSON arrays for the following:
- Individual Markers/Reports: Returns list of reports for the given illness type nearest to the given latitude and longitude
- Local Forecast: This endpoint returns the local forecast for an area, including a description of each illness.
- Submit Illness Reports: Provides the ability to submit a report of an illness. This can be submitted with or without an external ID.
- SickScore: Returns a contagious illness threat level index value along with a list of the top 3 contributing contagious illnesses to that value.
- Endpoint customization: Also available upon request.
Blockchain Pioneers Hackathon 2018 announced Thursday, May 24, 2018
GDPR compliancy costs to exceed $1M for many Thursday, May 24, 2018
Find bugs in your code before launch with new ReGrade platform Thursday, May 24, 2018
eSOMiMX7 System on Module has been released Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Future-proof low-code development is here Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you