Cloud Based Apps to Provide Big Returns for Companies in 2016
Saturday, December 26, 2015
Appian recently surveyed over 300 IT decision makers to provide insight into how companies will approach mobilizing their businesses in 2016. The survey was conducted by Harris Poll.
According to the resulting report, a majority of the respondents believe cloud-based applications/solutions (70%) and enterprise mobility (61%) will provide the top returns to in 2016, with 87% saying enterprise mobility was critical to their company’s profitability.
Other insight from the respondents include:
- 90 percent see enterprise mobility as the critical function for customer engagement, competitiveness and operational productivity in 2016.
- 73% say their companies are planning to mobilize the entire organization.
- Telecommunications (40%), financial services (36%), manufacturing (34%), energy and utilities (32%), healthcare / pharma (32%), transportation (32%) and retail (31%), were cited as the industries most likely to adopt enterprise mobility in 2016.
- 59% say they will increase their custom application development budget in 2016 regardless of company revenue.
- Top drivers for custom application development in 2016 include efficiency (56%), security (53%), speed (48%), operational productivity (42%), and customer engagement (37%)
- 43% indicated it takes their company three-to-six months to deliver a new application to their business.
- 64% cited agility, speed and application security as obstacles.
- Companies with higher revenue ($100M+) are significantly more likely than those at lower revenue companies (under $100M) to report ease of use / user interface as an obstacle (33% vs. 22%).
- 86% are concerned about security in both custom applications and security in pre-packaged applications.
Read more: http://www.appian.com/resources/enterprise-mobilit...
Xpress solution aims to help you create IoT apps faster Friday, September 21, 2018
30,000 blacklisted apps hosted on the Google Play Store report finds Friday, September 21, 2018
Alibaba Computing Conference 2018 yields partnership with MariaDB Friday, September 21, 2018
Tidelift surpasses $1M to pay open source software maintainers Friday, September 21, 2018
iOS 12 notification changes should make you rethink your messages Friday, September 21, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you