Cloud Based Apps to Provide Big Returns for Companies in 2016
Saturday, December 26, 2015
Appian recently surveyed over 300 IT decision makers to provide insight into how companies will approach mobilizing their businesses in 2016. The survey was conducted by Harris Poll.
According to the resulting report, a majority of the respondents believe cloud-based applications/solutions (70%) and enterprise mobility (61%) will provide the top returns to in 2016, with 87% saying enterprise mobility was critical to their company’s profitability.
Other insight from the respondents include:
- 90 percent see enterprise mobility as the critical function for customer engagement, competitiveness and operational productivity in 2016.
- 73% say their companies are planning to mobilize the entire organization.
- Telecommunications (40%), financial services (36%), manufacturing (34%), energy and utilities (32%), healthcare / pharma (32%), transportation (32%) and retail (31%), were cited as the industries most likely to adopt enterprise mobility in 2016.
- 59% say they will increase their custom application development budget in 2016 regardless of company revenue.
- Top drivers for custom application development in 2016 include efficiency (56%), security (53%), speed (48%), operational productivity (42%), and customer engagement (37%)
- 43% indicated it takes their company three-to-six months to deliver a new application to their business.
- 64% cited agility, speed and application security as obstacles.
- Companies with higher revenue ($100M+) are significantly more likely than those at lower revenue companies (under $100M) to report ease of use / user interface as an obstacle (33% vs. 22%).
- 86% are concerned about security in both custom applications and security in pre-packaged applications.
Read more: http://www.appian.com/resources/enterprise-mobilit...
IDVoice biometric security update has been released Friday, June 22, 2018
The role of the mainframe in digital transformation Friday, June 22, 2018
Building native mobile apps with Creo Thursday, June 21, 2018
Machine data and SQL database release from Crate.io Thursday, June 21, 2018
Postgres support has been unvieled for Toad Edge Thursday, June 21, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you