Posted 11/26/2015 11:12:01 AM by STUART PARKERSON, Publisher Emeritus
Hive-IO has launched its software-defined compute solution available as a complete infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) offering for large enterprise and SMB customers.
Hive-IO provides a unified architecture on a bare metal install that can remove up to 30% of existing hardware requirements and eliminate vendor layer complexity. For cloud-enablement it offers a lightweight approach to traditional VDI, servers, storage, and platform solutions.
The platform includes VDI, virtualized servers, infrastructure, storage, and security with built-in and interoperable provisioning, lifecycle management, guest and host security and remote management capabilities. The Hive-IO platform is fully compatible with an on-premises data center, and includes infrastructure, disaster recovery, and various applications as service offerings.
Hive-IO provides the following approach to infrastructure:
- Provides a single unified holistic solution or VDI, servers, storage and infrastructure virtualization.
- Reduces the cost of a typical VDI implementation by 50%.
- Removes an average of 40% of traditional vendor bloat by removing agents, services and compute sprawl.
- Delivers its solution on premise or in hybrid cloud based on a company’s needs.
- Company’s can manage their own solution or Hive-IO can manage it remotely.
- Node based design that can scale from 100 - 1 Million guests.
- No additional vendor software required.
- Unified monitoring and real-time analytics.Read More http://www.hive-io.com/software-defined-infrastruc...