Sunday, November 1, 2015
Oracle Application Container Cloud
Oracle Application Container Cloud is a new Oracle Cloud Platform (PaaS) offering leveraging Docker containers. The platform Cloud joins the Java Cloud Service, which offers a Java Enterprise Edition deployment platform based on Oracle WebLogic Server, and Oracle Mobile Cloud, a Node.JS-based mobile optimized integration platform.
The Application Container Cloud includes:
- Java SE Cloud Service: Designed to run Java code that doesn’t require a full Java Enterprise Edition infrastructure, Java SE Cloud Service includes support for Spring, Jersey, Tomcat, Play, and can run JVM-based languages like JRuby, Jython, and Closure.
Oracle Developer Cloud Service
New versions of Oracle’s Java-based development frameworks are also available including:
- Oracle Application Development Framework: A framework that simplifies development of Java-based Web applications, providing extended support for responsive user interfaces creation, and REST/JSON services publishing and consumption.
- Oracle Mobile Application Framework: A framework that simplifies the development of on-device mobile applications across mobile operating systems, it adds functionality that increases performance of applications on both Android and iOS platforms, and provides new user interface capabilities and various other features.
PaaS Services for Business Users
These new PaaS services enable business users with no prior coding experience to self-service their development needs through visual and declarative, no-code-required development environments including:
- Oracle Application Builder Cloud Service: Provides an browser-based development environment for business users to create and publish their own Web applications. This offering allows the creation of custom data objects as well as simplified access to services from Oracle SaaS.
- Oracle Mobile Application Accelerator: An Oracle Mobile Cloud Service feature, it enables business analysts to create device-resident mobile applications through an intuitive browser-based development experience, leveraging mobile-optimized services exposed through Oracle Mobile Cloud Service.
Read more: https://cloud.oracle.com/application-development
Xpress solution aims to help you create IoT apps faster Friday, September 21, 2018
30,000 blacklisted apps hosted on the Google Play Store report finds Friday, September 21, 2018
Alibaba Computing Conference 2018 yields partnership with MariaDB Friday, September 21, 2018
Tidelift surpasses $1M to pay open source software maintainers Friday, September 21, 2018
iOS 12 notification changes should make you rethink your messages Friday, September 21, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you