Programming 29,221 views
Posted Thursday, October 15, 2015 by STUART PARKERSON, Publisher Emeritus
READ MORE: http://hazelcast.org/...
Hazelcast and Payara have partnered to offer Payara Scales with JCache, a Hazelcast Enterprise add-on which provides Payara Support users with an open source Java caching solution which results in performance, resilience and scalability for large-scale e-commerce and Java EE application deployments.
Payara Scales with JCache helps applications achieve predictable latency and fast response time to reach a growing mass of users. Caching provides fast, low latency access to data by keeping the data in-memory. JCache standardizes caching for the Java platform (it is a common mechanism to create, access, update and remove information from caches). It accelerates mainstream adoption of in-memory computing by giving Java developers an easy-to-use and standard way to access memory from within Java.
As part of the partnership Hazelcast provides the ability integrate with JCache. Hazelcast’s JCache caching layer API provides a standard set of operations specialized for caching use cases. These operations help to scale out applications and manage high-speed access to frequently used data. Hazelcast achieves its caching potential with a 100 per cent compliant implementation that transparently registers with the JCache subsystem.
Benefits of Payara Scales using Hazelcast Enterprise with JCache include:
- Payara Server can scale across multiple data centers and when used with JCache can cache entire datasets with very simple and standard APIs.
- In case of data centre failure, Payara Scales includes new high availability and resilience functionality.
- Users can now store more data in memory using Payara Scales and Hazelcast Enterprise, using its High Density Memory store feature. It enables each server to scale vertically and add multiple sessions.
- Reduces latency and GC pauses and holds entire data sets in cache for extreme in-memory performance.
Payara Scales with Web Session Clustering is for open source applications that provide a way to plug in a web session clustering solution, but do not provide the clustering mechanism. Commercial application servers can provide a clustering mechanism but may not be not as robust and not performant. Hazelcast provides web session clustering – sessions are maintained in the Hazelcast cluster, using multiple copies for redundancy.
As Hazelcast is an in-memory solution, the performance of this web-session clustering and replication mechanism is very high. In addition, Hazelcast needs no alterations to the application tier, so Hazelcast web session clustering can be performed without modifying existing applications.
Benefits of Payara Scales with Web Session clustering include:
- WAN replication: Synchronizes multiple Payara Server clusters spread across multiple data centers for disaster recovery or geographic locality.
- Highly appealing to IT Operations: Serve more customers and not lose credibility if one of your data centers crashes.
- Users now access to a more scalable solution which enables them to serve more customers per Payara Server node.
Payara was created to provide support for businesses using Oracle GlassFish in production and deliver a new, open source platform – in 2013 Oracle announced it would no longer release GlassFish server with commercial support. Payara Server is a free drop-in open source replacement for GlassFish – a premium support package provides users with 24/7 support and access to quarterly patches and bug fixes.
READ MORE: http://hazelcast.org/...