Akana's New API Platform Offers Multi-Datacenter Geographic Distribution
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Akana has introduced a new API Platform that offers multi-datacenter geographic distribution and scale addressing the distribution and scaling requirements of large enterprises, avoiding the pitfalls faced by standalone API gateway instances.
Akana’s platform shares configuration and operational data for auditing data, SLA processing, and quota management. This real-time sharing eliminates security vulnerabilities by not sharing cryptographic nonce values across clusters and regions and thus exposing their users to replay attacks.
Akana’s API Platform allows customers to create a global API network with a single logical platform deployed across multiple geographically distributed datacenters. Features of the platform include:
- Logically centralized, distributed configuration stores: All product instances behave identically across the distributed system.
- OAuth Token Distribution: Tokens issued by one server are available everywhere supporting customer mobility and load-balancing and failover between data centers.
- Distributed SLA and quota processing: Manage consumption and capacity for globally distributed APIs and Apps.
- Global analytics: Analytics processing is driven across all storage instances to provide accurate analysis of all interactions regardless of source or target location.
- Seamless failover: If one server or even an entire datacenter goes offline there will be zero downtime failover with no loss of fidelity
Akana’s API platform leverages NoSQL (MongoDB), In-Memory Data Grid (Hazelcast), the latest search technologies (ElasticSearch) and a resilient microservices architecture to provide a unified platform across multiple data centers. These technologies include:
- No SQL storage: Mongo DB to support distributed storage of massive amounts of collected data with eventual consistency between data centers.
- In-memory data grid: Hazelcast to provide real-time sharing of critical data between instances both within and between data centers.
- Advanced Search: Elasticsearch for high-performance indexing and searching of all API metadata, documentation, forums, tickets, etc.
- Microservices: The platform consists of a set of independently deployable and scalable microservices to enable rapid scaling and fault-tolerance.
The new platform will be available in early Q4 both as on-premise software, and via the Akana Cloud that will deploy the platform in parallel with the public GA release of the software.
Read more: https://www.akana.com/
PHP support reaches Instana microservice monitoring Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Monitoring Kubernetes and Docker just got easier thanks to Sumo Logic Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Embedded artificial intelligence features hit the Oracle cloud Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Data visualization platform acquired by Puppet Monday, June 18, 2018
IBM expands of cloud capabilities to 18 new locations Monday, June 18, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you