Posted 9/14/2015 1:08:32 PM by RICHARD HARRIS, Executive Editor
Bomgar has released the latest version of its Privileged Access Management solution, which provides security professionals with the ability to control, monitor, and manage access to critical systems by privileged users and third-party vendors.
Bomgar’s approach allows companies to enable controlled system access and defend against cyberattacks without requiring complex process changes. With the platform, privileged users can access secure systems without a VPN, reducing the risk of attackers gaining a foothold within a secure network via a compromised VPN.
Bomgar Privileged Access Management 15.2 offers new capabilities for securing access within hybrid cloud environments, approving and auditing access activity, and integrating with password management solutions. Bomgar supports Windows, Redhat, CentOS, and Ubuntu Linux VMs powered by AWS, Azure, VMWare and other IaaS providers.
New updates to the platform include:
- Cloud Access Control: Security organizations can manage multiple users and groups who need privileged access to their cloud infrastructure. Bomgar allows organizations to harden Internet-facing cloud resources by closing all unnecessary ports, while still giving users shell and remote screen access.
- Forensic Search: Bomgar’s search capabilities index audit log activity data across all privileged sessions to help security professionals and auditors identify security events, detect cyber breaches, and compile forensic evidence. Bomgar’s unalterable audit trails include searchable video recordings of each session and can be integrated with SIEM tools for deeper behavioral analysis.
- Mobile Access Consoles: Bomgar’s new Privileged Access Management Mobile Consoles allow systems administrators, security officers, and third-party vendors to access privileged systems or chaperone users directly from their Android or iOS device. The mobile apps support access to internal critical systems from 3G and other mobile networks without requiring a VPN.
- Enterprise Credential Manager: Bomgar has enhanced its integrations with Password Management solutions, which enable automatic password injection to authorized systems through an encrypted Bomgar connection. Users can authenticate to systems with one click and elevate privileges without exposing credentials.
The Bomgar platform’s privileged access management features include:
- Secure Remote Access: Enable remote access from outside the LAN without compromising security. Require access notification and authorization. Define accessible endpoints, create access schedules, and set up application whitelisting.
- Monitor and Audit: Monitor and act on sessions in real-time. Review tamper-proof audit trails, including annotated video recordings and detailed logs of screen sharing, file transfer, and shell activity.
- Granular Access Control: Require access notification and authorization. Define what endpoints users can access, schedule when they can access them, and set up application whitelisting.
No VPN Tunnel: Connect to any system from anywhere, on or off network. Enable remote access without VPN tunneling, port-forwarding, or complex firewall configurations. No need to re-architect a network.
- Collaboration: Ensure critical systems stay up and running. Pull in both internal and external skilled resources to build, maintain, and support business services together. Allow users to share sessions or their own screens with each other.
- Secure Mobile Apps: Connect securely from mobile devices. Native mobile apps give users desktop-quality access over 3G/WiFi from Android or iOS devices (iPad, iPhone) only to those endpoints they are allowed to access.
Read More http://www.bomgar.com/access-management...