Posted 7/15/2015 11:01:37 AM by STUART PARKERSON, Publisher Emeritus
New features include increased simulation performance and expanded capabilities for enhanced access, collaboration, automation, and ease of use.
Simics makes it possible and practical to design, develop, and thoroughly test large and complex IoT systems.
Simics facilitates Agile practices to help customers unlock transformative development processes.
Wind River has released Wind River Simics which accelerates software development by offering new development capabilities facilitating Agile software practices through the use of simulation technologies to design, develop, and thoroughly test large and complex IoT systems.
Simics is part of the Wind River Helix portfolio of products that enable IoT. Able to simulate nearly anything, from a single chip to systems of any size or complexity, Simics provides access, automation, and collaboration required to implement Agile development practices and to continuously deliver better software. By working from virtual models and eliminating the need for physical hardware (and its limitations) during development, developers can push automated testing much sooner in the development cycle, and perform both testing and debugging during design and prototyping phases.
All team members can have unlimited access to virtual hardware, allowing new ways of working and improved collaboration throughout the entire lifecycle. Ultimately, developers can reduce risks of shipping late, overrunning budget, and sacrificing quality.
The latest updates to the Simics platform include accelerated simulation performance and expanded capabilities for enhancing access, collaboration, and automation for software developers. Additionally, the process for modeling, debugging, and model asset reuse has been improved to deliver a simpler user experience. Other new improvements provide additional capabilities enabling agile and automated testing with shorter feedback loops.
New features include the following:
- Greater performance: Simulation performance has been enhanced for tightly coupled multi-core and multiprocessor systems on multi-core hosts. Testing on parallel workloads shows performance increases of up to seven times when simulating an eight-core Linux symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) target on an eight-core host. Coupled with its existing performance technologies, Simics can efficiently simulate ever more complex targets to deliver the benefits of simulation for any target system.
- Easier test automation: Simplified scripting interfaces and fault injection framework allow easier use of Simics in test automation environments.
- Simpler collaboration: A checkpoint server allows easier management of checkpoints across teams. Users can share the system state of their simulations with others.
- Additional quick-start platforms: Immediate access to three quick-start platforms (Intel, ARM, and Power) allows Simics users to enable early prototyping and tooling integration.
- Improved modeling support: Enhanced support for SystemC models with a new SystemC library and improved debugging tools help teams get models up and running quickly.
Read More http://www.windriver.com/products/simics/...