WaveMaker Launches New Gateway for API Third Party Consumption
Monday, July 06, 2015
WaveMaker has established a new gateway allowing companies to open their APIs to third party developers. In addition to the current ability for its API tools to publish, wrap, and share APIs within the enterprise, the new gateway allows authorized partners and third-party developers to consume APIs.
The WaveMaker Gateway and the WaveMaker API Portal provides:
- The ability to easily create, publish and manage custom APIs.
- The flexibility of exposing APIs internally in order to certify that they are robust and scalable, and then to open those APIs for external consumption.
- The ability to open APIs to select external users initially.
- Brings together API publishers (who publish APIs) and API consumers (who develop apps to consume the APIs) to form an ecosystem that benefits all stakeholders.
- Helps in the simplification, management, securing, operationalizing and analyzing of the external rollout of APIs.
The platform provides the following API publishing opportunities:
- API owners can upload, document and make APIs visible. WaveMaker uses Swagger-enabled REST APIs for this purpose.
- Product managers can publish APIs and apply business relevant policies to manage the external consumption of the APIs.
- Operational administrators can monitor the consumption of the APIs in real time, providing business insights.
For API consumption the platform provides the ability to:
- Allow partners as well as third party developers to choose various API subscription plans based on consumption needs. They can onboard applications and generate required keys to consume APIs within their apps.
- App developers can browse, list, test and understand published API behavior.
- App developers can use the visual drag-and-drop Rapid Application Development methodology of WaveMaker Studio to simplify the consumption of APIs and reduce the effort of developing custom
Read more: http://www.wavemaker.com/gateway/
Building native mobile apps with Creo Thursday, June 21, 2018
Machine data and SQL database release from Crate.io Thursday, June 21, 2018
Postgres support has been unvieled for Toad Edge Thursday, June 21, 2018
PHP support reaches Instana microservice monitoring Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you