NVIDIA Tegra Android Development Pack Now AndroidWorks Development Platform for All Android Devices
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
Formerly known as Tegra Android Development Pack, NVIDIA AndroidWorks 1R1 provides a full suite of native application development tools for Android - now available for all Android platforms.
This release includes support for NVIDIA Tegra X1 processor with NVIDIA Maxwell PC graphics architecture in the all-new NVIDIA SHIELD; providing the latest Android NDK and NDK64 r10d, Android SDK (24.0.2), CUDA 7.0 BETA and 6.5 (select devices only), and includes the latest full suite of NVIDIA Android Developer Tools, OpenGL code samples, and device drivers for Android development.
The first release of AndroidWorks includes NVIDIA Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition 3.0. This latest release allows for GDB and JDB remote debugging to all Android devices capable of native application debugging, supporting all Android ABIs – ARM v7, ARM v8, x86, x64. In addition, this release prepares for development for the all-new NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV as well as support for the latest NVIDIA SHIELD tablet OTA 3.0 software updates.
AndroidWorks includes all software tools required to build, debug, analyze and profile for CUDA 6.5 and 7.0 (available on Linux x64 on select devices only), Java, native C/C++, OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL ES 3.0, OpenGL ES 3.1, OpenGL ES 3.1 Android Extension Pack, and OpenGL 4.x on ARM based SOCs. This version includes the Android SDK (24.2.0) and NDK (r10d) for both 32 and 64 bit devices, NVIDIA Android Developer Tools (Tegra Graphics Debugger, Tegra System Profiler, PerfHUD ES, PerfKit), CUDA, OpenCV and PhysX support, NVIDIA GameWorks OpenGL sample source code and device drivers.
Highlights of the platform include:
- Full suite of native application development tools for Android, now available for all Android platforms, including the following devices: Galaxy Tab S T800 (Android 4.4.2, ARM); Nexus 7 2013 (Android 5.1.1, ARM); Nexus 6 (Android 5.1 , ARM); Huawei; CL-10 (Android 4.4, ARM); ASUS Memopad (x86); Google Nexus Player Android TV (x86); and new NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV (Android TV, ARM 64-bit)
- Full ARMv8-A 64 bit with 64-bit tools support to develop and profile 64 bit apps for Android.
- Android SDK (24.2.0), NDK (r10d) and Android tools support.
- Nsight Tegra 3.0, Visual Studio Edition with support for all Android ABIs (ARM v7, ARM v8, x86, x64), new fast deploy mechanism for shorter build/debug cycles, improved GDB message GUI handling, Tegra X1 support, and various performance enhancements and bug fixes.
- Tegra Graphics Debugger 2.0 with added support for OpenGL 4.5, improved OpenGL 4.4 support, serialized captures via source code generation, shader perf stats in Linked Programs view, Tegra X1 support performance improvements for apps before capture, and various bug fixes.
- Tegra System Profiler 2.3 with updates to the timeline to show DVFS and thread states information, support for NVTX, various performance and backtrace quality improvements, and bug fixes.
- PerfKit 4.4 support for Android.
CUDA 7.0 on NVIDIA Tegra X1 devices (Available on Linux x64 on select devices only.)
- CUDA 6.5 on NVIDIA Tegra K1 devices (Available on Linux x64 on select devices only.)
- NVIDIA GameWorks OpenGL Samples 2.11 with Android TV support.
AndroidWorks is offered free of charge, but requires NVIDIA GameWorks Registered Developer Program membership.
Blockchain Pioneers Hackathon 2018 announced Thursday, May 24, 2018
GDPR compliancy costs to exceed $1M for many Thursday, May 24, 2018
Find bugs in your code before launch with new ReGrade platform Thursday, May 24, 2018
eSOMiMX7 System on Module has been released Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Future-proof low-code development is here Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you