Sierra Wireless and L&T Technology are teaming up to establish a Legato Lab, designed to support the development of IoT applications with the Sierra Wireless’ Legato embedded application platform. The two companies will jointly market their respective products and services to customers in the automotive, transportation, and industrial markets.
The Legato platform is an open-source embedded platform built on Linux and designed to simplify the development and scalability of IoT applications. It integrates a commercial-grade Linux distribution and a set of IoT capabilities based on the latest open-source technologies, with an application framework and tools.
Offering an application framework designed with security and connectivity in mind the Legato platform features:
- Application Sandbox: Secure environment to run and control multiple applications
- Connectivity APIs: Access cloud and network services such as voice calls, SMS, data, radio controls
- Customizable middleware components: Select building blocks such as configuration, DB, resource arbitration, secure IPC
- Multi-language support: Utilize embedded applications in different programming languages
- C-based runtime library: Fast, efficient system designed to maximize processing power and user application space
Legato is customizable with built-in M2M features which include:
- Free open source packages: Validated by the Linux Foundation that include BusyBox, OpenSSL, DHCP, PPP, and OpenSSH
- Long-term supported Linux kernel (LTSI): Hosted by the Linux Foundation and maintained by the embedded systems industry
- Board support package (BSP): Enables hardware interfaces and power management, validated on AirPrime WP and AR smart modules
The platform offers flexibility to simplify application-level development through:
- Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE): Extensible and familiar toolset with built-in API awareness
- Command Line: Automate builds and integrate into any tool chain
- Robust diagnostic tools: Local and remote debugging, troubleshooting, monitoring, and profiling
- Yocto build tools: Rebuild and tailor the Linux distribution for any project
Read more: http://www.sierrawireless.com/productsandservices/...
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.