Electric Cloud Launches GA of Ship.io Continuous Delivery Platform for iOS And Android
Friday, April 24, 2015
Electric Cloud has announced the commercial availability of Ship.io, a cloud-based continuous delivery platform for mobile app delivery. Ship.io brings the cloud to mobile app continuous delivery by automating the build, test and deployment processes of native iOS and Android apps.
Ship.io provides end-to-end visibility into the app delivery lifecycle through a SaaS delivery model offered through free and paid SaaS subscription options. The cloud-based platform supports each new version of iOS or Android, along with native integrations to services in the mobile development tool chain.
Ship.io automatically detects and configures native Android and iOS projects to allow teams to build apps across supported OS, version and device screen types. Ship.io supports the latest tool chains, languages and OS releases, including GitHub, Gradle, Xcode6.3, Swift, iOS 8, Crashlytics Beta, HockeyApp, as well as Slack, HipChat and various web hook integrations.
It connects existing tool chains to simplify and automate unit, functional and physical device testing (using AppThwack for iOSdevices), and allows teams to run tests every time code is committed for fast feedback. Centralized dashboards provide visibility into all build, test and deployment status levels, and supports cross-team collaboration and historical reporting.
Aspects of the new release include:
- Seamless integration from code check-in to app distribution including real device tests
- Latest version support for iOS and Android
- Android Gradle support. Android NDK support
- Bitbucket, Github or other Git source repository
- Xcode 6.3 for testing Apple Watchkit apps
- Private and public CocoaPods
- Notification of build status via Slack and HipChat
- OTA distribution via Crashlytics beta & HockeyApp (plus e-mail OTA)
- Build concurrency for developers pushing multiple times in a sessions
Low code development platform gets an update from Filemaker Wednesday, May 16, 2018
New partnership emerges to simply IoT security Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Open source HarperDB database solution studio launched Wednesday, May 16, 2018
New demo shows 5G and 3D structured light technology Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Multi-cloud app network platform update launched by MuleSoft Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you