Electric Cloud has announced the commercial availability of Ship.io, a cloud-based continuous delivery platform for mobile app delivery. Ship.io brings the cloud to mobile app continuous delivery by automating the build, test and deployment processes of native iOS and Android apps.
Ship.io provides end-to-end visibility into the app delivery lifecycle through a SaaS delivery model offered through free and paid SaaS subscription options. The cloud-based platform supports each new version of iOS or Android, along with native integrations to services in the mobile development tool chain.
Ship.io automatically detects and configures native Android and iOS projects to allow teams to build apps across supported OS, version and device screen types. Ship.io supports the latest tool chains, languages and OS releases, including GitHub, Gradle, Xcode6.3, Swift, iOS 8, Crashlytics Beta, HockeyApp, as well as Slack, HipChat and various web hook integrations.
It connects existing tool chains to simplify and automate unit, functional and physical device testing (using AppThwack for iOSdevices), and allows teams to run tests every time code is committed for fast feedback. Centralized dashboards provide visibility into all build, test and deployment status levels, and supports cross-team collaboration and historical reporting.
Aspects of the new release include:
- Seamless integration from code check-in to app distribution including real device tests
- Latest version support for iOS and Android
- Android Gradle support. Android NDK support
- Bitbucket, Github or other Git source repository
- Xcode 6.3 for testing Apple Watchkit apps
- Private and public CocoaPods
- Notification of build status via Slack and HipChat
- OTA distribution via Crashlytics beta & HockeyApp (plus e-mail OTA)
- Build concurrency for developers pushing multiple times in a sessionsRead more: https://ship.io/
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.