The Open Source Virtual Reality (OSVR) is a software platform designed to set an open standard for virtual reality devices. The group of industry proponents behind the platform have released the OSVR Hacker Developer Kit (HDK) production file and the OSVR development roadmap.
The OSVR offers a variety and choice in peripherals, programming models and hardware designs all designed to be open-source. The organization works to provide ongoing game engine plugins, hardware interfaces, and intelligent real-time analysis capabilities.
With the new OSVR HDK, developers can access a hackable head-mounted display offering high-quality optics that work to reduce distortion in virtual environments. Any developer who wants to make their own hardware based on the platform design can view the production files of the OSVR HDK and the developer roadmap. The HDK offers all schematics and drawing available for download, to allow developers to build their own or improve on existing VR-Glass designs.
The HDK consists of a head-tracker, a display, double-lens optics, mechanics such as straps to hold it all together, as well as connective cables. Specifications include:
-Sensor hub with integrated accelerometer, Gyroscope and compass
- External USB 3.0 connection for additional accessories
- Additional 2x USB3.0 connections for internal expansion
- 5.5” FHD OLED Display with flat cables and display board interface for interchangeable panels
- 1080x1920 FHD OLED resolution with 60fps and 401ppi
- Additional Display board allows for interchangeable displays
- Near-Eye-display system
- Two-Lenses Optics – Optics for additional eye pressure relief
- Free from strong geometrical distortion (<13%)
- Field Of View 100° diagonal (90°H x 90°V)
- Independent adjustment for inter Pupillary Distance and Diopter for use without glasses
HMD Mechanical Module
- Removable face mask
- Bamboo charcoal microfiber foam layer for additional comfort
Belt Box Module
- Additional USB 3.0 connectivity
- Surround Sound Audio codec integrated
- Easier cable management and ergonomics
- Signal boosters
Read more: http://www.osvr.com/hardware.html
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.