Millennial Media Publishes Mobile Mix Research Report
Thursday, March 5, 2015
Millennial Media has published the company’s 2014 Year in Review Mobile Mix report, with last year’s hard numbers and year-over-year comparisons pointing to overall mobile trends that are impacting developers, advertisers and consumers alike.
The report provides data-driven insights into the world of mobile and reveals key trends impacting developers, advertisers and consumers. Here are some highlights:
- Wearables and IOT are on the rise: An estimated 35 billion connected devices will be in use by 2019, highlighting the increasing adoption of wearables, smart TVs, etc. by consumers
- Samsung takes the lead: Samsung devices are on the rise, unseating longtime leader Apple as the manufacturer with the largest number of impressions*
- *Impressions defined as the number of times an ad unit appears on a mobile device
- Android grew YoY: The jump in Samsung usage also correlates to an overall increase in Android operating system implementation, as impressions from all Android devices grew six percentage points year-over-year
Key takeaways for developers, advertisers and consumers include:
- Developers/Publishers: enabling high-impact ad units, such as rich media and video, can enhance consumer engagement and drive significant revenue
- Brand Advertisers/Agencies: larger smartphones present brands and agencies with a bigger canvas to compel consumers with rich, interactive content.
- Consumers: buyers have the power to choose the mobile device that best fits their needs without sacrificing mobile experiences.
Download the full report from their website.
Read more: http://www.millennialmedia.com/mobile-intelligence...
Adobe announces updates to Adobe XD Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Netmarble Corp releases Lineage 2: Revolution updates Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Changes to the way notifications work in iOS 12 you need to know Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Watch your step at Fog World Congress 2018 Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Cloud Native SDK for Kubernetes has been launched by Pulumi Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you