KidoZen Updates Capabilities for Mobile Backend Authorization, Privacy and Access Control at Data Level
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
KidoZen has made updates to its platform to offer a more complete security suite for the mobile backend including authorization, privacy and access control capabilities at the data level. Additionally, KidoZen has announced broader integration with industry identity federation providers include Microsoft ADFS, Okta, OneLogin, PingIdentity and others.
KidoZen’s mobile identity management and security suite provides a mobile-first approach across different areas of an enterprise mobile backend infrastructure for security and identity federation for mobile applications. The KidoZen mobile identity management and security suite implements several identity management protocols that simplify the authentication and single sign-on capabilities for mobile applications.
The KidoZen mobile identity management and security suite includes the following capabilities:
- Authentication and Federation Capabilities: Enables authentication and federation capabilities of mobile applications with enterprise identity providers. The KidoZen identity federation platform delivers default integration with identity federation providers such as Microsoft Active Directory, Google ID, Windows Live Connect, CA Site Minder as well as Microsoft ADFS, Okta, OneLogin, and PingIdentity.
- Enterprise-Ready Identity Protocols: Allows mobile applications to leverage enterprise-ready identity protocols such as SAML 2, OAuth, WS-Federation, WS-Trust and JWT that simplify the authentication capabilities for mobile apps. KidoZen uses these protocols to integrate with organization’s on-premise or cloud-based identity providers and exposes simple authentication methods to be used within the mobile app.
- Single Sign-On: Supports single sign-on for enterprise mobile apps by establishing trust relationships with identity providers involved in the single sign-on process, thus, allowing a mobile application to access data from two different enterprise systems.
KidoZen provides mobile API security and access control through an intermediate policy engine that evaluates authorization rules against various components such as:
- Applications: To manage the roles at the mobile application object level that can or cannot access the application. Access control is checked against the individual user’s unique identity.
- APIs: To configure authorization rules that prevent specific users from accessing APIs such as storage, logging, as well as access to connections with enterprise backend systems.
- Data sources: To secure access to configured data sources using KidoZen’s mobile data virtualization and mobile data management.
More information is available on the company’s website.
Read more: http://www.kidozen.com/prod/mobile-data-management...
Build communications apps with less coding thanks to PHLO Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Pair programming with two brains and one keyboard Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Mobile app development trends in 2018 Monday, August 20, 2018
Looney Tunes is back in a fun mobile format Monday, August 20, 2018
Using GitHub in the classroom helps developers feel more included Friday, August 17, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you