LANDESK Offers New App Wrapping Capabilities to Its Enterprise Mobility Management Platform
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
LANDESK has announced the release of new features and upgrades to its Enterprise Mobility Management platform, including an application wrapping feature. This new feature will allow IT departments to add another layer of security to the enterprise apps they supply to their users.
The solution allows an IT administrator to wrap an application in one step and deploy it to users. LANDESK application wrapping facilitates the incorporation of mobile application security into corporate bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy. It uses single sign-on authentication and also encrypts data, preventing it from moving to applications not provided by the enterprise. This feature also provides the opportunity for IT to add security features and can be used for any Android app and enterprise iOS apps.
LANDESK Mobility Manager capabilities include:
- Device management: Industry-standard device management, including remote lock, wipe, and locate capabilities.
- Enhanced mobile application management (MAM): Capabilities include app-wrapping to secure corporate apps and data, even for non-enrolled devices.
- Manage all endpoints in one system: Mobility Manager is a component of the LANDESK Total User Management suite, where IT administrators can see all of a user’s devices in a single system.
- User-based policy administration: Implement a single user policy across all devices for simplified employee on-boarding.
- Corporate app store: Mobile users can access corporate resources securely through the LANDESK Portal.
- Cloud-based enterprise mobility management: Benefit from a regular cadence of enhancements to Mobility Manager deployment.
More information is available on the LANDESK website.
Read more: http://www.landesk.com/products/mobility-manager/
How feature flags saved my marriage Thursday, July 19, 2018
Unreal Engine Marketplace says it will take less developer revenue Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Best mobile gaming apps will share $300K in prizes from new contest Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Open source IT automation solution from Red Hat gets an update Wednesday, July 18, 2018
10 years of apps but over 95 percent of them are invisible to users Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you