A Beginner’s Guide to App Analytics: More Users, More Usage and More Revenue
|Stuart Parkerson in Monetize Tuesday, July 15, 2014|
More users, more usage & more revenue. It sounds simple, right? However, you and I both know better. Yes, the opportunity is there - US daily smartphone screen time has now exceeded television time. Mobile usage is only going to continue to grow.
But the days of launching an app and sitting back as the money rolls in are long, long gone. It doesn’t matter who you are – a company who wants greater engagement with customers or an indie developer who wants to see greater financial success from your mobile efforts – to succeed today you need to understand your app users and how they interact with your app.
Focusing on downloads, which many times can be an empty metric, is a mistake. What does a download matter if the user never opens your app again? Downloads are great, but you have to go further and create a comprehensive plan to use analytics to dive deeper into user activity and engagement.
One resource we have found helpful is a new publication by Localytics which provides an overview of the best practices for app analytics. The publication, A Beginner’s Guide to App Analytics, was written for people new to app analytics to provide them with the understanding needed to start improving their app.
However, even if you are familiar with app analytics, you may want to check out the publication, as it is a good way to see if you are covering all of the bases related to leveraging the analytics of your app users.
The publication covers the following:
- Going beyond downloads
- The 8 key app metrics to track and why they matter
- How to start measuring metrics for your app
- The 4 app analytics best practices to implement to get the most out of your metrics
- Integrating to achieve holistic results
- Defining the right analytics for your goals
Read more: http://info.localytics.com/download-beginners-guid...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more