PhatWare Releases SDK for Handwriting Recognition Enabled Apps
Saturday, June 21, 2014
PhatWare has released the latest version of its WritePad Software Development Kit (SDK) designed to develop multiplatform handwriting recognition-enabled applications. It can be utilized with iOS and Android applications in C# using Xamarin Studio on MAC and Windows platforms.
The WritePad SDK enables app developers to add handwriting-based text input, which is automatically converted to digital text. The WritePad SDK is also available for OEM licensing. The WritePad SDK is optimized for the latest versions of iOS, Android and Xamarin Studio and includes support for ARM, X86, and arm64 (iOS) architectures. The new version of the SDK also features improved handwriting recognition quality especially when used for recognition of large digital ink data, and updated UNICODE (UTF-16).
The WritePad SDK Features Include:
- Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
- Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations.
- Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
- Supports 11 languages, including English (US, UK, US Medical), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish.
- Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box."
- Reliably recognizes handwriting and provides spell checking and word completion features.
The WritePad SDK for Xamarin Studio is shipped with the handwriting recognition engine libraries for Android and iOS, dictionaries for all supported languages including US Medical dictionary, API header files, documentation, and sample code C#. Native WritePad SDK is also available on iOS, Android OS, Windows 7/8/8.1/RT, and Windows Phone 8/8.1.
To request a free evaluation copy of the WritePad SDK for any supported platform, visit the PhatWare website. The WritePad SDK evaluation is free, while commercial redistribution is royalty-based.
Read more: http://www.phatware.com/index.php?q=page/writepads...
Data visualization platform acquired by Puppet Monday, June 18, 2018
IBM expands of cloud capabilities to 18 new locations Monday, June 18, 2018
The first blockchain based smartphone coming to the US Monday, June 18, 2018
Use quantum computers over the cloud with ACQUA Friday, June 15, 2018
Karaoke singing app gets updated Thursday, June 14, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you