Red Hat Announces General Availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Red Hat has announced the general availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, the latest release of the company’s flagship platform. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 offers a foundation that enables the ability to balance modern demands while reaping the benefits of computing innovation, like Linux Containers and big data, across physical systems, virtual machines and the open hybrid cloud.
Key Enhancements to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 include:
- Enhanced application development, delivery, portability and isolation through Linux Containers, including Docker, across physical, virtual, and cloud deployments as well as development, test and production environments.
- Significant file system improvements, including XFS as the default file system, scaling to 500 TB.
- Cross-realm trust to enable secure access for Microsoft Active Directory users across Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux domains, providing the flexibility for Red Hat Enterprise Linux to co-exist within heterogeneous datacenters.
- Secure application runtimes and development, delivery and troubleshooting tools, integrated into the platform and container-ready.
- Infrastructure components like systemd, a standard for modernizing the management of processes, services, security and other resources.
- Built-in performance profiles, tuning and instrumentation for optimized performance and scalability.
- Unified management tooling and an industry-standard management framework with OpenLMI for streamlined administration and system configuration.
- Enhanced application isolation and security applied via containerization to protect against both unintentional interference and malicious attacks.
More information is available here.
Read more: http://www.redhat.com/about/news/press-archive/201...
IoT security standards to come with Sprint Curiosity IoT Tuesday, September 18, 2018
DevSecOps showcase by Sumo Logic unravels all their new changes Monday, September 17, 2018
GTC Japan yields huge new NVIDIA announcements Monday, September 17, 2018
UI version control system has been developed by Applitools Monday, September 17, 2018
Puppet DevOps report gives their take on the industry Monday, September 17, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you