Report: How The Most Successful Apps Make Money Globally
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Distimo has released its latest publication: How the Most Successful Apps Monetize Globally. The analysis includes a synthesis of the revenue share from in-app purchases (IAP) over time and average revenue per download (ARPD) breakdowns for top apps by country, business models, and device type.
For part of this analysis, Distimo worked with Chartboost to compare ARPD values with average cost per install (CPI) data to provide insight on the revenue potential for mobile games in different markets. This type of analysis provides a detailed overview of the profitability and revenue potential in different mobile app markets in the gaming sector. All data used in this publication is directly extracted from Distimo AppIQ.
The research showed in part that revenue share from free apps with IAP drops in the December months, where Distimo notes they typically see a revenue spike. This implies that paid apps are more likely to be purchased in the month of December. In January 2014, the revenue share of free apps with IAP was at 79 percent in the United States.
To view the complete report visit the link below.
Read more: http://www.distimo.com/blog/2014_02_publication-ho...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more